Friday, March 2, 2007

Another misleading email

I got this email from 1and1.com that makes it seem like I have completed the cancellation process. The problem is that I know from talking to there tech support folks that I still have to sign and fax 50 forms before they will cancel my account. This sounds hard to believe but it's true.

Note that this email is very careful not to say when the domain registrations will be canceled. They make this hard to understand when you initiate the cancellation on their website. My goal is to avoid being charged by them again.
We have received your cancellation request and confirm that the requested
cancellation action with the above listed reference number will be carried
out as of the date which you chose in the online cancellation tool.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
* Your package will remain active UNTIL the date selected when you made
the cancellation request.
* Only the domains you selected will be cancelled.

The current status of your cancellation order can be checked under the
menu item 'Cancel/Restore Status' found in the left navigation bar at
https://cancel.1and1.com. Detailed information about the cancellation
process can be found there as well.
Also, it's important to note that when I go the cancel.1and1.com website it says that my cancellation request is "unconfirmed".

No comments: